Do you have a playpen? Did you use one?
My husband and I have had discussions back and forth about having a playpen in the house. Trying to reason if we really need one or not! We tried to think of the pros and cons of having one….
- It takes up ‘a lot’ of space and our cottage is small, very small!
- It more ‘baby stuff’ in our ‘adult space’ and we do like to have some (babies really take over!)
- It restricts his crawling/walking space…?
- It looks like a mini baby jail!
- It’s expensive
- It might not be used for that long
- He might not like going in it….. that means a waste of money and a waste of time!
- His toys stay in one place when he’s playing
- He can play safely in the kitchen! (This is where we want to keep it)
- I can get stuff done without needing eyes in the back of my head.
- It will work for us as a family
- We can use it in the garden in the summer months!
Despite finding more negatives than positives we decided to go for it!!
We opted for a baby dan white playpen with gray playmat. It looks nice and as a little bonus matches the new kitchen. Yes it’s taken up loads of space but I can finally get things done without having to worry about what Harvey is up too! I know he’s safe so losing a little space is a small price to pay, espically as he’s becoming more active by the day, and let’s face it, it’s not forever! So far Harvey has loved it! I can cook and clean (yes lucky me!) and I can even get some work done while he plays.
It’s so easy to set up and move which is great and in the summer we will take it out to the garden. My wonderful Mummy managed to find a special tent top that goes on the top which means that as he gets a little older it will will provide lots of fun for him!
See how we get on through our insta pictures!!